Re: [RFC] Contributing tree-ssa to mainline

    I think a few percentage, or even nothing at all, is significant
    because of the new infrastructure that's added, and the possibilities
    that it opens up.  That should also be taken into consideration.

Sure, but in that situation I feel it should stay in a branch until those
"possibilities" have indeed been "opened up".  Otherwise, it's a lot of
extra code to maintain and overhead to pay for in compilation without any
known benefit.  Newer is not always better.  Indeed I find that for most
of the products I buy, the quality is often *far* worse than that of the
same product purchased decades ago.

Whether or not (and to what extent) the tree-ssa infrastructure is
"significant" can't be made by arguments over possibilities it might open
up, but by demonstrating those possibilities.