Re: [RFC] Contributing tree-ssa to mainline

    My feeling on this matter is purely in the context of all those
    goodies promised.  If the new infrastructure is really that good, and
    we all agree this is the "future" of GCC, I can live with some
    frontends not working and asking it's community to pitch in and
    upgrade it.

That's the way I see it as well.  I see the only relevant timing issue
as being when the new infrastructure shows its desirability and
stability by being able to host the new classes of optimizations that
it was designed for.  If it does, we can live with some frontends not
working and even some regressions because major changes should be permitted
to cause some disruptions as they are being completed.

    Feel free to disagree with me.  But remember, they (tree-ssa
    advocates) promised a lot.  If it turns out to be just a different
    infrastructure, as opposed to a better one, I wouldn't feel the same.

Again, agreed.  Major changes require major benefits: if all we end up doing
is seeing a few percentage points either way, the tree-ssa project will have
been a failure.