Re: [RFC] Contributing tree-ssa to mainline

"Kaveh R. Ghazi" <ghazi@caip.rutgers.edu> writes:

| I would echo Gerald and Joseph's comments about regressions and
| documentation.  (However IMHO, it's up to frontend maintainers to
| upgrade their bits, so Ada and g77 not working is okay with me.)  I

I don't understand that argument.

If someone contributes a patch that suddenly makes a front-end
non-working, we consider that a non-starter and reject the patch
until it addresses the "non-working" bits.  I do not consider it fair
to change the mainline in a disruptive way for x front-ends and says
it is x front-ends maintainers' business to make it work.

[...]

| it's worthwhile to accept the work.  But I think it fair that you
| describe where we're at and whether all of these are realistic or not.

Agreed.

--Ggaby