Re: *** bootstrap fails for 3.4.0 20040113 (experimental) on i586-suse-linux-gnu

Robert Schiele wrote:
On Fri, Jan 16, 2004 at 07:36:42AM -0800, Dan Kegel wrote:

Robert Schiele wrote:

Well, this technical solution would not really solve the problem. It would
still be possible that some vendor specific patch in my binutils, a hardware
bug, or cosmic radiation might cause a failure.

Then stop using a vendor-supplied binutils -- would a vanilla one really be hard to install? I rather doubt hardware bugs or cosmic radiation will be a problem.
In fact in the current case it was something strange which was
non-reproducable with the same sources in the same environment.  Thus it must
have been a hardware bug, a race condition or something else (which is what I
call "cosmic radiation" ;-)

I stand corrected! - Dan