Re: Tree SSA measurement in CSiBE

Hi,
If you are interested in comparing compile times, then you should
disable checking.  Checking is far more expensive on tree-ssa,
because there are more trees to check (so tree checking becomes
expensive), and the extra control flow and SSA checks, especially
the latter, are very expensive too.

So comparing compile times with checking enabled is not meaningful.

This sounds reasonable. We were unaware of the checking feature, hence we used the default configuration.

In the future we will disable checking for all compiler compilations. However this implies that the whole CSiBE database beginning May 2003 needs to be recreated. This will take about a week or two, after which we will publish the fresh data. Of course, this will affect only the compilation times. In the meantime we will leave the default option for all compilers.

Best regards,
  Arpad.

--
Arpad Beszedes - researcher