Re: Classifying bugs

On Monday 12 January 2004 10:00, Gabriel Dos Reis wrote:
> | > From the audit trails that prompted my comment, I have not seen that
> | > scenario being "many".
> |
> | Aren't you are basing your judgement on an 'after the fact' basis,
> | meaning that you are only taking into account actualy changes of
> | priorities that brought your attention.
>
> As my original message said, I'm basing my comments on the recent
> recategorization on the ground of "clearing the road" for 3.4.0.

There always has been clearing of the road, but as you correctly
point out, the RM should take care of this.  But the number of PRs
was so large at one point that it would be unreasonable to ask of
Mark to go through them all.  I don't think it is a problem then if
the same people who set the priorities in the first place now take
the responsibility to re-set them so that the RM can get a picture
of how the next GCC compares with previous releases without wading
through enhancement requests and insignificant bugs.

And yes, I believe the bug masters can say if a bug is significant
or not.  If they can not, then they shouldn't have permission to be
bug masters.

Gr.
Steven