Classifying bugs

Hi,

  The recent thread on the GCC-3.4.0 has lead some "bug masters" to
either downgrade or close some PRs on the ground that they think they
should not be blocking.

  While I understand that they are doing what they think is good
for "clearing the road" for 3.4.0, I do not agree with the general
trend of closing/downgrading as many as  PRs as possible just to make
to it look as if they were very few bugs.  In particular, such actions
should be conducted under clear guidance from the appropriate Release
Manager.  A Release Manager may decide to ship even if there were some
high priority bugs; they need not be downgraded first.

My two cents,

-- Gaby