Re: m68k bootstrapping broken

Richard Zidlicky wrote:

- A sub-optimal instruction sequence can't be responsable for
 the m68k-linux bootstrap failure in "make compare".

that is of course correct, it was simply the first anomaly in the rtl dumps that I have noticed so I am trying to see where it comes from.

Oh, I didn't realize the code in question was actually one of the differences between stage2 and stage3.

Just an idea: m68k is the only cc0 target capable of an
hosted bootstrap.  Is it possible that middle-end changes
have subtly broken cc0 targets without anyone noticing
except on the m68k?

what is cc0?

It's described shortly here: <http://gcc.gnu.org/simtest-howto.html> . The gccint manual contains the details.

\X/  http://www.develer.com/