Re: [tree-ssa]: The dangers of keeping constants in phi nodes

On Jan 4, 2004, at 10:10 PM, Daniel Berlin wrote:

If you rewrite a var which had a constant propagated into a phi node, it loses the phi node value (IE it never unpropagates it temporarily, or remembers it was there), and thus, you lose the initialization.

There is no warning that this occurred, and unless you noticed it otherwise, it's not easy to catch.

This is clearly a bug.

Grrr.
I never noticed that we can only rename *new* variables according to the API, so it's technically not a bug.