RE: ELF instruction for section and branch.

Thank for the info, will just look it up.

I tried with the MIPS ELF output but was unable to get the desired
result. Even after compiling with GCC using the GCC port to the desired
architecture.

The architecture I am using defines a section by the name '.text', but
if I try to make another section named '.text1' or anything similar it
issues an error saying "secbr.s:93: Error: Unknown pseudo-op:
`.text1'".

What can be the reason for this, does it mean that only one section can
be specified or is it that the section definition should have '.text'
preceding it. And the section is defined as a name of the function??

Gagneet

tml#Section

Ian