Merging binutils/gdb bug databases with the gcc bugzilla

So we discussed the matter somewhat on our bugmaster list, and the outcome
is: there aren't many strong feelings either way about having binutils or
gdb as a new product in the gcc database, but enthusiasm is generally low.
It seems that the only significant benefit would be that only one database
would have to be maintained, but we didn't see much benefit for people
working with the databases.

There was, however, consensus that such a move is only acceptable if the
binutils and gdb people make sure that they have people that work on their
parts of the databases. These won't be the people working on gcc right
now, and we absolutely don't want to be blamed for some other project
piling up their bug reports unprocessed while we keep our house clean. It
may be that we help out with advice occasionally, but we don't want this
to be our responsibility. I think that it is our (gcc maintainers)
collective experience that the bug database is only useful if it is
maintained continually, and other projects should make sure they do that
if they want to use the gcc bug database and web domain. (Can PRs be bulk
exported if things don't work out as hoped?)

Secondly, Dan Berlin, our bugzilla maintainer, requested that he's only
willing to set up new products if he doesn't have to do additional work
like adding fields, etc. Other projects would therefore have to make do
with what we set up for gcc.

Thirdly: over time, I think we have come up with pretty reasonable
procedures (like when to close a PR, what the individual fields mean,
etc). But different products only profit from being in the same database
if they keep to the same rules, so we should ask for a common set of rules
for all products.

Regards (on behalf of the bug masters)
  W.

Wolfgang Bangerth              email:            bangerth@ices.utexas.edu