From: Rakesh Kumar - Software, Noida [mailto:rakeshku@noida.hcltech.com]
Sent: Friday, December 12, 2003 3:16 AM
To: J.R.Ellis@sussex.ac.uk; gcc@gcc.gnu.org; gcc-help@gcc.gnu.org
Subject: RE: Help installing gcc

Hi,

  "sed" stands for "stream editor". It is mainly used for filtering the
text.
GCC uses AWK and sed when installing. It is by default installed with Linux.
I don't know whether they are part of Cygwin environment. Don't hesitate to
install these packages in your environment. You would get them for free.

Before installing sed, please check if it is already available to you.
It may just not be included in your path. In my system, it is in /bin
directory.

Regards
Rakesh Kumar