Re: pthread related breakage (mainline)

Paolo Carlini <pcarlini@suse.de> wrote:

>>> Is anyone able to estimate *when* the breakage started?
>>>
>> In the last 72 hours, I believe...
>>
> I see.
>
> Still, absolutely no changes in the libstdc++-v3 directory and many
> toplevel build changes, that I think should be carefully scrutinized:
> the "configury people" are doing a lot of work to move everywhere to
> autoconf 2.57.

No, I don't think it's recent.
There is a report (linked within PR 13330) which is dated 2003-11-14. A linux
box I have access to started this failure about 2 weeks ago. A full clean +
update + rebuild fixed it for a few days, and now it's been back for at least
another week. Three days ago I installed a clean Linux RH9, and I was never
able to bootstrap GCC there because of this problem. This is when I submitted
the report.

Giovanni Bajo