Re: Why does treelang not support tabs?

James,

I have no objection to adding the feature (as long as it has been tested and has a test case for the new feature).

I don't think it even adds a line of code so little harm done, but any new feature should be proven to work.

What would be really useful would be features such as support of structs and unions.

Tim Josling

Jim Wilson wrote:
James Morrison wrote:

  I'm curious, why doesn't treelang support tabs? It's a really
easy change as demonstrated with the patch below.

This is a question only the original author can answer. treelang is defined by its implementation, so from our point of view, it doesn't accept tabs because it doesn't, which is not a useful answer.

Why do you even care? treelang exists only as a minimal example of how to write a front end. We have no reason to ever touch it unless it fails to build. Adding features to it isn't very useful from our point of view.