Re: Will tree-ssa be GCC 3.5?

Steven Bosscher wrote:

My remark wrt. freedom wasn't about copyright but about the fact that the Cray front end is GPL v2.0 _only_, i.e. it does not say "or (at your option) any later version".

Don't read too much into license statements on files (after all they have no real legal significance). I would think it very unlikely that
SGI would allow a file to be licensed under any future license written
by someone they have no control over. After all GPL version 4 could say
all sorts of unacceptable things from their point of view.

As I said before, these kind of licensing issues are all discussable,
both with SGI, and with FSF.

Certainly software licensed under GPL 2.0 is Free Software :-)