Re: File extensions for C++ source?

gdr@integrable-solutions.net (Gabriel Dos Reis)  wrote on 29.11.03 in <m3ptfb7b9u.fsf@uniton.integrable-solutions.net>:

>  even Windows nowadays recognizes much more
> elaborated filenames than we do on Unixes.

This is utter nonsense.

Unix handles all filenames that do not contain '/' and '\0'.

Windows disallows these and several more , including at least ':' and '\'.

And unless a program uses unusual methods, Windows *still* has case
insensitive filenames. While NTFS *can* do case-sensitive filenames and
hard links, most Windows software is utterly confused by this, and access
to these features is rather baroque.

MfG Kai