Re: Fink on Darwin sets ld environment variables

Jack,

Jack Howarth wrote:
Brad,
Thanks for figuring that out. However I still don't quite understand
why these link errors appear only in the newer snapshots and the older 20031015 snapshot doesn't show them.

Most probably due to this one :)

Also, how did you suppress them
for the building of current gcc 3.4 g77? Lastly, I am also a bit concerned about what breakage this issue will cause us...

http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc/2003-11/msg01346.html

Don't know if this one and the related ones have an impact. I could be wrong, but I don't see any similar warnings here. Well, I DON'T use fink.

since it only appeared in earlier November and apparently still exists in the main trunk.

You may try to build your chain with --disable-shared. But then, in case you build libgcj, this one will not work.

Personally I find it a bit strange to set linker flags in the environment. But this is my personal view.

Andreas