This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Fink on Darwin sets ld environment variables
- From: Andreas Tobler <toa at pop dot agri dot ch>
- To: Jack Howarth <howarth at bromo dot msbb dot uc dot edu>
- Cc: lucier at math dot purdue dot edu, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Sat, 29 Nov 2003 07:09:51 +0100
- Subject: Re: Fink on Darwin sets ld environment variables
- References: <200311282146.QAA49426@bromo.msbb.uc.edu>
Jack Howarth wrote:
Thanks for figuring that out. However I still don't quite understand
why these link errors appear only in the newer snapshots and the older
20031015 snapshot doesn't show them.
Most probably due to this one :)
Also, how did you suppress them
for the building of current gcc 3.4 g77? Lastly, I am also a bit
concerned about what breakage this issue will cause us...
Don't know if this one and the related ones have an impact. I could be
wrong, but I don't see any similar warnings here. Well, I DON'T use fink.
since it only appeared in earlier November and apparently still
exists in the main trunk.
You may try to build your chain with --disable-shared. But then, in case
you build libgcj, this one will not work.
Personally I find it a bit strange to set linker flags in the
environment. But this is my personal view.