Re: Help needed

Chandramohan.Seeniappan@infineon.com wrote:
         I , chandramohan doing my masters course in germany. I like to know
what are the essential files i have to edit to port the GNU compiler for
traget oriented and to know more about RTL representation.

You will need changes to some configure files to add your target tuple, e.g. config.sub, config.gcc, etc. Most of the work will be adding the gcc backend target files in config/target, you will need a .h, .c, and a .md file at a minimum. You will also need some library changes, there are some target dependent parts of libstdc++ for instance.

There is extensive documentation available. See the gcc/doc directory in the sources, or see the web site. This isn't very readable, and it doesn't tell you how to do a port, but it has valuable info you will need.

The easiest way to start a port is probably to look at an existing port for a target that is similar to yours, and then pattern your port after it.