3.2 code bloat from debug info

I've found quite a few references to increased executable size from
debug info when g++ 3.2 is used, and now that I've switched it's become
a concern of mine as well.  I have typically seen 6mb executables grow
to 30mb, which just seems excessive.

I noticed in one of the notes from Jim Wilson

(http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc/2003-02/msg02001.html)

that there are plans to fix this.  I haven't been able to find a bug track
entry, and was wondering how to find out what the plans are, and when
I might be able to get back to roughly 2.95.3 executable file sizes...

Thanks!

Other references:

http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-help/2003-10/msg00082.html
http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-help/2003-01/msg00145.html