Re: Compressed rtl project

> FWIW, I think most of the ideas have merit and would also be applicable
> to some extent on trees too.

Aren't there programs that can generate these structures for us,
given a spec.
For instance, ASDL.
I know of a perfectly nice ASDL generator written in python (its in the
python cvs sources in nondist/sandbox/ast).
It even has a testsuite (will wonders never cease!)

Not that I like ASDL particularly, there are other generators/specs.
I just know of a working C generator for ASDL written in a usable
language. I also know it's been used in implementing compiler AST's
before.

--Dan