Re: problem with subregs.

On Mon, 2003-11-17 at 10:51, Tal Agmon wrote:
> Do you have any idea why it's still reload this register? Could it be
> impossible since the long registers in our architecture are in the
> higher numbers?

It should be possible to make this work.  However, reload is one of the
most complicated areas of the compiler, so you may need to learn more
about how reload works before you are able to figure out how to solve
your problem.

You haven't provided enough info for me to comment.  I need before
reload rtl, after reload rtl, the list of reloads generated for this
insn, and possibly also other info such as the definitions of register
classes, predicates, md file patterns, etc.

It is very hard to debug these kinds of problems remotely, without
access to the sources for the port or a testcase.