Changing installation dir after building gcc

Is possible to change the gcc installation directory
after configuring and building gcc?

I am maintaining several Sparc computers and I would
like to build gcc only once and install it in different
directories on each machine.

Is it safe, for example, to copy the whole installation
directory (eg. /usr/local/) to directory /usr/mygcc on
another computer?

If my question is trivial, could you please point me to the
relevant discussion or documentation. I tried to look for an
answer from the gcc site but did not find any definite answer.

Antti Kerola