Re: [tree-ssa] New regressions as of 2003-11-04

Hello,

> In message <20031110190205.GA8754@atrey.karlin.mff.cuni.cz>, Zdenek Dvorak writ
> es:
>  >Concerning compile time -- there is nothing much to worry about, since
>  >no transformation done by remove_useless_stmts_and_vars does anything
>  >important with it.
> My timings showed quite the opposite.

Huh??? Timings of what?

>  >And finally, I already have it done -- see
>  >http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-patches/2003-11/msg00388.html.
> And have you compared the timings before and after with your patch?
>
> Have you verified that it covers all the cases that we were previously
> handling (by looking at the dumps before/after)

I have just copied everything that currently indeed does anything to the
function, so it should.

> Have you verifed that it does the right thing when the CFG isn't available
> since this code is called before we build the CFG?

No it won't -- I plan to leave the remove_useless_stmts_and_vars call
before cfg creation as it is (trusting you that it is useful in some
way), and just replace the call to it done at the end of tree-ssa
optimizations.

Zdenek