Re: Outcome of the bugzilla threads

On Nov 9, 2003, at 2:28 PM, Gabriel Dos Reis wrote:

Daniel Berlin <dberlin@dberlin.org> writes:

| Just so we are clear on the outcome of all these threads about bugzilla
|
| 1. In regards to threading, we want gcc-bugzilla to just be a
| subscriber to gcc-bugs@gcc.gnu.org, and handle mail that way (IE only
| echo things not sent to the list, back to the list)
|
| 2. We want to stop from munging in gcc-bugzilla
|
| Do i have this right?

I'm OK with (2), I'm confused by (1).

Well, IIRC, that was the solution posted by someone that should work.

In order to let things thread properly, rather than have gcc-bugzilla's script send out mail to gcc-bugs all the time, let it listen to mail on gcc-bugs instead (IE followups go to gcc-bugs, not gcc-bugzilla). Then, people following up to gcc-bugs would be threaded right (and still be entered into the database), only replies on the web wouldn't thread properly.

At least, that was my understanding.