Re: Future of gccbug

On 03-11-07 15:22:31, Daniel Berlin wrote:

| On Nov 7, 2003, at 3:17 PM, Gabriel Dos Reis wrote:

[snip]

| > and bugzilla does not put proper references.

| Yes it does. It adds both "In-Reply-To" and "References:" as appropriate.

| This was done so the bugzilla replies thread properly.

| > -- Gaby
=== End quoted text ===

Your idea of "appropriate" and mine seem to differ. For instance, this
list seems to keep the message-id, in-reply-to and references from the
original mail. Result -- the mail threads nicely within the discussion.

OTOH, bugzilla puts the message-id of the +original+ PR in both
in-reply-to and references. Result -- no threading within a PR.

Also, bugzilla changes the message-id, also a pain.

BTW, incoming mail goes through a duplicate message filter which is
defeated by changing the message-id; and I read it in the Mutt.

On this list, my bcc to self shows up and the resend (if there is one)
does not. Also, other's replies to my mail thread properly.

On bugzilla mail, I must +manually+ delete the bcc to self after the
list mail comes in.

It would also be nice if stuff displayed on bugzilla-WWW was threaded
instead of flat.

== Buz :)

--
Buz Cory of BuzCo Systems -- New York NY USA http://BuzCo.nyct.net