Re: no --with-sysroot in binutil? Re: --with-sysroot not in gcc-3.3.x?

On Fri, Nov 07, 2003 at 09:52:17AM -0600, Ken Wolcott wrote:
> Hi Andrew;
>
>   This is good news, except is --with-sysroot also going to be supported by
> the binutils configure?  Without binutils configure support of --with-sysroot
> in a cross compiler environment, the --with-sysroot gcc configure support
> doesn't do me any good.  Looks like there is mostly spam in the binutils
> mailing list archives, so I haven't bothered to subscribe to those mailing
> lists...

You don't seem to understand what --with-sysroot does.  I recommend you
read the manual sections on it again.  It is not a replacement for
--prefix.

You will get the most understanding of these if you develop some
practice reading shell script, and look at the configure scripts to see
what --with-sysroot actually does.

--
Daniel Jacobowitz