Compiling issues

Hello.  I have a question about the different versions of gcc.  If an
application was compiled using an older version of gcc and then
recompiled with a more recent version, would there be any detrimental
effects.  I have a production system that uses gcc 3.0 I think.  I also
have a driver that requires gcc version 3.2.  If I install the new
version of gcc, will it affect the compiling of applications that have
previously been compiled using an older version of gcc.  Has any of the
functionality of 3.0 been removed from 3.2??

Craig Martin
Versaterm Inc.