Re: Using GCC 2.95 as a bootstrap compiler

> 2003-10-31  Gerald Pfeifer  <gerald@pfeifer.com>
>
> 	* .cvsignore: No longer ignore gengtype-lex.c, gengtype-yacc.c,
> 	and gengtype-yacc.h.

Gerald,

Cleaning up .cvsignore was actually on my list of things to do, now that PR10996 is done. Though I didn't think their was a potential bootstrap problem, so I was originally planning on waiting until after PR12744 was done to make sure everything was right.

I don't know if anything else can get skewed, but it would bet that you would want to remove everything except cscope* from .cvsignore in the gcc directory. You also should also get rid of parse.c and parse-scan.c in java/.cvsignore and delete objc/.cvsignore. All these have been changed do to $(parsedir) and until PR12744 is done, version skew is possible.

Don't worry about the doco files until after I complete PR12744 (in which I'll now include .cvsignore patches for); currently any generated document files in the source directory are completely ignored, so no harm there.

Kelley Cook