Re: Using GCC 2.95 as a bootstrap compiler

On Fri, 31 Oct 2003, Richard Earnshaw wrote:

> I came across this the other night.  It's a version skew of
> gengtype-yacc.h between an obsolete copy in the source tree and a
> generated copy in the build tree.  gcc-2.95 was including the files in a
> different order based on #line directives[1].

Perhaps we should remove most or all of the .cvsignore files in the source
tree, to draw people's attention to the obsolete generated files left
behind there (and potentially causing problems) now that generated files
no longer go in the source tree?  Or would this cause problems for people
importing release tarballs into other CVS trees who don't want to import
the generated files?

--
Joseph S. Myers
jsm@polyomino.org.uk