Re: embedded c

On Fri, 24 Oct 2003, Schuster, Joel (N-Compaq) wrote:

> Just interested if anyone has tried creating a version of gcc and the
> linker that would be shared objects that would allow in-memory
> compilation and linking at runtime? I'm thinking of this in terms of
> using C/C++ as a embedded scripting language within an application where
> the 'script' would have access to all the resources that the main
> application would.

If performance isn't an issue, you might just call gcc as external program
and build your 'script' as shared object file. After building it you could
simply dlopen() that shared object ..

--
| Clifford Wolf /-----=[ www.clifford.at ]==[ Tel: +43-699-10063494 ]=-\
|--------------/ diestartseite.at vocat.cc =[ Fax: +43-2235-42788-4 ]=-|
|-=[ EDEN Creations -- www.edenevents.at ]==[ IRC: www.freenode.net ]=-|
\==[ www.rocklinux.org ]===[ www.rocklinux.net ]===[ www.linbit.com ]==/

2B OR (NOT 2B) That is the question. The answer is FF.