Re: cc and gcc compilers

Nguyen, KhaiDinh wrote:
We are migating many C programs from (old) NCR Unix system to AIX.
These C programs are non-ansi standard and compiled by using NCR unix cc
compiler.

See http://gcc.gnu.org/bugs.html for info on how to report bugs.

This report is very confusing. In one place you imply that the C code is very old, and thus pre-dates ANSI C (aka ISO C90). In another place, you imply that the code won't compile because it uses an ISO C99 feature, and thus post dates ANSI C (aka ISO C90). Which is it? A testcase would be very helpful to eliminate the confusion. If we don't know what exact problem you are seeing, then we may not be able to help.

You also neglected to include the gcc version, and the command line flags that you are using. This is convered in the above URL.