Re: Switching the default for -fabi-version

Hi,

On Wed, 22 Oct 2003 law@redhat.com wrote:

> All true.  However, does KDE have a plug-in architecture?

Yes.

> If so, then it's quite possible, even likely based on your data that
> revving up the ABI will mean that you also have to rebuild all the
> plug-ins if you rebuild KDE.

Correct.  But like I said, as those plugins also link against libstdc++,
those anyway have to be recompiled to link against the new libstdc++,
because two libstdc++'s in one process image (the new one for the main
app, the old one through the plugin) are bound to break in funny ways.
The bad thing is, that even if one doesn't use much from libstdc++ (which
is the case for most of KDE) the fact that both are included already makes
it break, due to the static initializers.  It might mostly work, but not
for all cases.

Ciao,
Michael.