This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: G5 fpu optimizations for g77 3.4???
- From: Toon Moene <toon at moene dot indiv dot nluug dot nl>
- To: Dale Johannesen <dalej at apple dot com>
- Cc: Jack Howarth <howarth at nitro dot med dot uc dot edu>, David Edelsohn<dje at watson dot ibm dot com>, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2003 00:57:56 +0200
- Subject: Re: G5 fpu optimizations for g77 3.4???
- Organization: Moene Computational Physics, Maartensdijk, The Netherlands
- References: <024D7A41-0413-11D8-B0DC-000393D76DAA@apple.com>
Dale Johannesen wrote:
We're quite interested in SPEC numbers just now, and some of the SPECs
are Fortran 95, and
there is no g95. When there is, things may (I said *may*) be different...
Ah, I see. So Apple isn't interested like this:
"As far as the Gnu Fortran compiler goes, it seems to work great on
Opterons too. But then as you're probably aware, it's only a Fortran 77
You know - sometimes it Just Works :-)
[ Sorry, couldn't resist ]
Toon Moene - mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org - phoneto: +31 346 214290
Saturnushof 14, 3738 XG Maartensdijk, The Netherlands
Maintainer, GNU Fortran 77: http://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/g77_news.html
GNU Fortran 95: http://gcc.gnu.org/fortran/ (under construction)