Re: CVS add question...

David Daney <ddaney@avtrex.com> writes:

> >Yes, except for new directories.  That is, a `cvs add' of a new file
> >does nothing to the repository until you run `cvs commit'.  A `cvs
> >add' of a new directory takes effect immediately.  But you should not
> >normally want to add a new directory to gcc, unless you are adding a
> >new port or language.
> >
> That is the thing,  I need to add the directory libjava/mips.

Ah.

> >You can use `cvs add'.  To generate diffs for new files, use the -N
> >option to `cvs diff'.
> >
> When I do:
>
> cvs diff -3up -N
>
> I don't get the new files (not even those that are in existing directories).

That command should show you any file in an existing directory for
which you have run `cvs add'.  If not, then something strange is
happening.

> Q: How to proceed?

Probably just do `diff /dev/null NEWFILE' for each file you want to
add, and concatenate those all to the diff.  Or just send the new
files.  It sort of depends upon what the appropriate maintainer wants
to see.

Ian