Re: Testing -fnew-ra (and GCC in general)

On Thu, 16 Oct 2003, Scott Robert Ladd wrote:

AFAIK -fnew-ra is trivially broken in mainline and has been for quite some
time.

IIRC, there's a problem where if a BB ends with a call insn, new-ra will
kludge a dummy insn with a REG_USES note of the return register and
append it to the BB to prevent some code in new-ra from failing.

Unfortunately, this causes some sanity checks elsewhere to fail and the
compiler will ICE.

I filed a PR for this about two or three months ago and afaik it hasn't
been fixed yet.

Toshi