Re: Proposed targets to deprecate for 3.4

Hans-Peter Nilsson <hp@bitrange.com> writes:

> On Tue, 30 Sep 2003, Zack Weinberg wrote:
>> Each characteristic has a unique letter.  In all cases, a letter
>> appearing is the desirable case; no letter is the undesirable case;
>
> I don't agree that some of these are necessary universally
> valued.  For example,
>
> g       Port does not define TARGET_ASM_FUNCTION_(PRO|EPI)LOGUE.
>
> See mmix.c.

There has got to be a better way to do that.

Incidentally, must we have eval: (c-set-style "gnu") at the bottom of
files?  It just makes emacs slow to visit them (since it has to pause
and show the eval: to the user).

> These would be nice to have in simtest-howto.html, but without
> any interpretation of value.

Patches are welcome.

>> l       Port can use ILP32 mode integer arithmetic.
>> q       Port can use LP64 mode integer arithmetic.
>
> Aren't those two exclusive in a "non-r" port?

No.  They might be switchable at compile time only.

> Regarding:
> S       A Free simulator exists.
> I think a related important point is whether drop-in support for
> compiler testing through that simulator exists in the tree.

Yeah, that would make a good new column.

An important meta-point which folks may have missed is I DO NOT HAVE
TIME TO MAINTAIN OR AUGMENT THIS TABLE.  I am not going to spend any
more effort on it.  I encourage other people to pick up the ball.

zw