This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Proposed targets to deprecate for 3.4
- From: Hans-Peter Nilsson <hp at bitrange dot com>
- To: Zack Weinberg <zack at codesourcery dot com>
- Cc: Nathanael Nerode <neroden at twcny dot rr dot com>, <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Wed, 1 Oct 2003 01:47:09 -0400 (EDT)
- Subject: Re: Proposed targets to deprecate for 3.4
On Tue, 30 Sep 2003, Zack Weinberg wrote:
> Each characteristic has a unique letter. In all cases, a letter
> appearing is the desirable case; no letter is the undesirable case;
I don't agree that some of these are necessary universally
valued. For example,
g Port does not define TARGET_ASM_FUNCTION_(PRO|EPI)LOGUE.
> Architecture characteristic key
These would be nice to have in simtest-howto.html, but without
any interpretation of value.
> l Port can use ILP32 mode integer arithmetic.
> q Port can use LP64 mode integer arithmetic.
Aren't those two exclusive in a "non-r" port?
> r Port can switch between ILP32 and LP64 at runtime.
> (Not necessarily supported by all subtargets.)
> cris | ???L N D l ha e
HM L N I D l ha e
(The I is for the port, not the hardware.
Similarly the D; that's what the port;
the hardware is neutral.)
S A Free simulator exists.
I think a related important point is whether drop-in support for
compiler testing through that simulator exists in the tree.