Re: Lots of suggestions for the gcc manual

On Sun, 14 Sep 2003, Kai Henningsen wrote:
> I have an alternate proposal: every warning that is in -Wall should be
> listed as
>
> `-Wformat' (in -Wall)
>
> and similar for -Wextra.

I think that's a useful idea.  Neil, Joseph, what do you think?

> Apart from that, I'd like these to be sorted strictly alphabetically.

I don't feel strongly either way, but indeed this would get rid of some
of the problems Stephan noticed.

In the next one or two days I'll try to cook up a patch for (most of)
Stephan's comments.  Unless there are strong (and well-argued) objections
to such a change, I think I'll happily accept a patch making the two
changes you suggest above!

Gerald
--
Gerald Pfeifer (Jerry)   gerald@pfeifer.com   http://www.pfeifer.com/gerald/