Re: The address of a symbol_ref

Anders Ådland wrote:
On my architecture I have an instruction for loading from a symbol_ref,
  load   r0, LLC0,
but it can only be used if it's not too far from the program counter.

There is no generic code for this. It is handled via machine dependent reorg. The SH, ARM (thumb) and MIPS (mips16) ports all have support for this. The SH one is probably the most complicated one. See sh_reorg in the sh.c file, and look at the comments that start at the preceeding control-L.