Re: Exceptions, Optimizations and AIX

>>>>> Joerg Richter writes:

Joerg> I just tried building all my objects/libraries with -O1 and it works.

Joerg> So mixing different objects/libraries with different optimization levels
Joerg> doesn't work.
Joerg> This is not what i would expect. Can you please confirm that this should
Joerg> work?

	This should work and mixing libraries with different optimization
levels does work for me.  It is unclear from your postings whether you are
claiming this is a general problem or specific to your more complicated
application.

	While mixing libraries with different optimization levels may not
work for you, the assumption about EH tables does not follow.  There may
be some problem with restoring addressibility across the shared
libraries when the exception handlers themselves are compiled with
different optimization.  There are a lot of changes in optimized code that
might expose a subtle mistaken assumption when throwing an exception
across shared libraries.

David