This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: GCC Release Status (2003-08-22)
- From: Gabriel Dos Reis <gdr at integrable-solutions dot net>
- To: Mark Mitchell <mark at codesourcery dot com>
- Cc: Wolfgang Bangerth <bangerth at ices dot utexas dot edu>, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, Gerald Pfeifer <gerald at pfeifer dot com>
- Date: 29 Aug 2003 23:58:06 +0200
- Subject: Re: GCC Release Status (2003-08-22)
- Organization: Integrable Solutions
- References: <email@example.com><firstname.lastname@example.org>
Mark Mitchell <email@example.com> writes:
| Compile times are another major story. I'm not sure what the full
| situation is at this point, and I'm not sure we even know what
| apples-to-apples means. For example, should we assume people will be
| using PCH?
I'm not sure about PCH.
On the name lookup issue, I think things improved a bit. I didn't
make a comparison these last days between 3.3. and 3.4.
I'll fix correctness issues and send reports later.
I have no figure about compile time with respect to inlining, tc.