This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Help wanted from target maintainers re: fixincludes/fixproto
- From: "Zack Weinberg" <zack at codesourcery dot com>
- To: neroden at twcny dot rr dot com (Nathanael Nerode)
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2003 13:51:46 -0700
- Subject: Re: Help wanted from target maintainers re: fixincludes/fixproto
- References: <20030828203211.GA21929@twcny.rr.com>
firstname.lastname@example.org (Nathanael Nerode) writes:
> Fixincludes is disabled for these targets (among others). These are the
> only targets where fixincludes is disabled but fixproto is
> (apparently) enabled. Since I intend to merge fixproto functionality
> into fixincludes, I want to know why this is the case for each target,
> so I can change it, either by enabling fixincludes or by disabling
Fixproto is of use only for targets with unregenerate K+R C library
headers; it should be disabled a lot more widely than it is.
Of your list,
I don't know what these are like;
I believe these are all normally used with newlib, which does not need
and the vendor-provided C library for this target is C89 compliant so
it shouldn't need fixproto either.