Re: Help wanted from target maintainers re: fixincludes/fixproto

neroden@twcny.rr.com (Nathanael Nerode) writes:

> Fixincludes is disabled for these targets (among others).  These are the
> only targets where fixincludes is disabled but fixproto is
> (apparently) enabled.   Since I intend to merge fixproto functionality
> into fixincludes, I want to know why this is the case for each target,
> so I can change it, either by enabling fixincludes or by disabling
> fixproto.

Fixproto is of use only for targets with unregenerate K+R C library
headers; it should be disabled a lot more widely than it is.

Of your list,

>     i?86-moss-msdos*
>     i?86-*-moss*
>     i?86-*-uwin*

I don't know what these are like;

>     powerpc-*-eabiaix*
>     powerpc-*-eabisim*
>     powerpc-*-eabi*
>     powerpcle-*-eabisim*
>     powerpcle-*-eabi*

I believe these are all normally used with newlib, which does not need
fixproto;

>     alpha*-dec-*vms*

and the vendor-provided C library for this target is C89 compliant so
it shouldn't need fixproto either.

zw