This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: word alignment for non fp/sp register pointers for SPARClet port
- From: Jim Wilson <wilson at tuliptree dot org>
- To: Nitin Gupta <ngupta at GlobespanVirata dot com>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2003 15:59:47 -0700
- Subject: Re: word alignment for non fp/sp register pointers for SPARClet port
- References: <IDEAKDGJLGFCFODOJGGIOELHCHAA.email@example.com>
Nitin Gupta wrote:
I know that this is not inline with SPARC (hence SPARClet)
ABI, but our malloc and all of system is based on old
SPARC ABI. Till now we were using egcs 1.1 which is based
on old sparclet ABI. Now since we are migrating to GCC 3.2
and latter GCC 3.3 we are facing this problem.
This isn't really a useful enough bug report. Why do you have problems
with the new compiler? Can you give a testcase?
Since your reason for wanting the change is obscure, it is unlikely that
you will find an unpaid volunteer willing to help you. Try debugging
gcc yourself to figure out why it is failing.
Jim Wilson, GNU Tools Support, http://www.SpecifixInc.com