This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: COND_EXPR lowering patch
- From: Andrew MacLeod <amacleod at redhat dot com>
- To: Jeff Law <law at redhat dot com>
- Cc: Zdenek Dvorak <rakdver at atrey dot karlin dot mff dot cuni dot cz>, gcc mailing list <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: 26 Aug 2003 15:43:41 -0400
- Subject: Re: COND_EXPR lowering patch
- References: <200308261902.h7QJ2Q7D004706@speedy.slc.redhat.com>
On Tue, 2003-08-26 at 15:02, firstname.lastname@example.org wrote:
> >SSA->Normal eliminates all the PHI
> >nodes, so these empty control structures become fair game if the
> >elements of the PHI node coalesced together and no code was inserted
> >into the empty control blocks....
> OK. I see. I'm not sure how much this happens now that we collapse
> useless control statements, even when there's a PHI in the pdom. If it
> still happens, then, yes I see how it would be useful.
Its probably not worth it for now then, I'll just disable the flow
removal code in dce and leave it as the lightweight version then...