Re: [using gcc book] ch1 objective-c blurb

On Mon, 25 Aug 2003, Matt Austern wrote:

> On Monday, August 25, 2003, at 08:37  PM, Chris Devers wrote:
>
> > More importantly, based on another branch of this thread, I'm not sure
> > that the lack of a C intermediate is a significant assertion anyway.
>
> I don't think it is an interesting assertion.  It's a true statement,
> but you can make lots of true and uninteresting statements about
> intermediate representations that the compiler doesn't have.  (e.g.
> the C compiler doesn't use Fortran as an intermediate language.)

Great, you agree, but what then *would* be an interesting assertion?

If there's nothing interesting to say about GCC & ObjC in a paragraph,
how come Apple & NeXT seem to be so fond of it, eh? :)

--
Chris Devers      cdevers@pobox.com
http://devers.homeip.net:8080/blog/

channeler, n.
Also SPIRIT GUIDE. Politically correct terms for DAEMON.

    -- from _The Computer Contradictionary_, Stan Kelly-Bootle, 1995