This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Loop optimizer issues
- From: Jim Wilson <wilson at tuliptree dot org>
- To: David Edelsohn <dje at watson dot ibm dot com>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2003 18:48:33 -0700
- Subject: Re: Loop optimizer issues
- References: <20030729204935.GC29675@redhat.com> <200308251728.NAA23122@makai.watson.ibm.com>
David Edelsohn wrote:
What is the status of merging these optimizations into GCC 3.4?
GCC 3.4 currently exhibits a noticeable performance regression. I want to
make sure the regression and the proposed patches are noticed now so that
this is not a surprise later as we get closer to the release.
If these are regressions resulting from my loop/alias bug fixes, then it
might be a better strategy to improve the handling of alias info inside
loop, rather than add new loop optimizations, or rewrite existing ones.
Jim Wilson, GNU Tools Support, http://www.SpecifixInc.com