Re: Quality Issues on mainline

> It'd be wonderful if you and your fellow guinea pigs could
> submit bug reports, and ideally also regression testcases,
> for the problems you're running into.

Rest assured that we do -- in large numbers :-)

The problem is that if bugs don't get fixed, our builds stop at some file with
this bug and we don't see whether there are more bugs coming in later files
that don't get built. So what usually happens is that after 2 or 3 weeks when
someone gets around to fix a bug we reported, we realize that we still can't
build because more bugs have been introduced in the meantime. Note that this
way we are always lagging behind, and we won't be able to file reports soon
after a bug has been introduced.

On the other hand I must say that if a bug prevented me from finishing my
nightly builds for a while, I send an email to the one who caused this and
the bug is often fixed very soon after my ping. Especially Mark has been very
helpful in this respect!

W.

Wolfgang Bangerth              email:            bangerth@ices.utexas.edu
                               www: http://www.ices.utexas.edu/~bangerth/