DWARF2 unwinding documentation/help

Hello,

I'm still stuck on a hard to find exception handling bug on the
m68k back-end.

Basically, thrown exceptions are never caught and just cause
abort() to be called.

My target is an m68k-elf variant using a surrogate of the ELF format.
It needs to place the unwinding tables in the data segment and doesn't
link crtbegin/crtend. I've seen EH related stuff in there, but I'm
not sure whether they are needed.

Also suspicious is that the m68k back-end handling of
DWARF2 information for function prologues/epilogues is quite
different from other back-ends (I've looked in i386 and arm).

What I'd really need is better insight in the whole EH and stack
unwinding matter. I've googled for more documentation, but had
little luck. Is there some document describing all this? Any
help would be *much* appreciated.

\X/  http://www.develer.com/

Please don't send Word attachments - http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.html