Re: COND_EXPR lowering patch

In message <200308240045.UAA26050@makai.watson.ibm.com>, David Edelsohn writes:

 >	Why are we discussing this in terms of all or nothing control
 >structure removal instead of progressive lowering?  We cannot order the
 >Tree-SSA passes to handle both requirements?
Because we're seeing very very little value in having the control
structures -- in fact they make just about everything we do in terms
of CFG manipulations more difficult than it needs to be.

In fact, the only value I see in having the control structures is that
it can make DCE faster and they make it somewhat easier to parse the
dump files.

Jeff