This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: COND_EXPR lowering patch
- From: law at redhat dot com
- To: David Edelsohn <dje at watson dot ibm dot com>
- Cc: Zdenek Dvorak <rakdver at atrey dot karlin dot mff dot cuni dot cz>, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Sat, 23 Aug 2003 21:00:09 -0600
- Subject: Re: COND_EXPR lowering patch
- Reply-to: law at redhat dot com
In message <200308240045.UAA26050@makai.watson.ibm.com>, David Edelsohn writes:
>>>>>> Zdenek Dvorak writes:
> Why are we discussing this in terms of all or nothing control
>structure removal instead of progressive lowering? We cannot order the
>Tree-SSA passes to handle both requirements?
Because we're seeing very very little value in having the control
structures -- in fact they make just about everything we do in terms
of CFG manipulations more difficult than it needs to be.
In fact, the only value I see in having the control structures is that
it can make DCE faster and they make it somewhat easier to parse the