[using gcc book] 5.25 declaring attributes of functions

In the discussion of the 'const' attribute, we have this paragraph:

    Many functions do not examine any values except their
    arguments, and have no effects except the return value.
    Basically this is just slightly more strict class than the
    'pure' attribute above, since function is not allowed to
    read global memory.

That second sentence reads clumsily. I'm thinking of this change:

    Many functions do not examine any values except their
    arguments, and have no effects except the return value.
    This case is slightly more strict than the @code{pure}
    attribute above, since the function is not allowed to read
    global memory.

Any objections to this change?

--
Chris Devers    cdevers@pobox.com

mendacity sequence, n.
An ISO standard sorting sequence allowing the F's in a TRUTH TABLE to
be ordered by degree of falsehood.

The basic sequence, in ascending order, is: lies; damn lies;
statistics; damn statistics; benchmarks; press releases; delivery
promises; contradictionary entries. Further refinements can be
expected.

    -- from _The Computer Contradictionary_, Stan Kelly-Bootle, 1995